Details Are the Differences between Good Stuff and Great Stuff–Stephen Brewster
It is the teeniest and tiniest of details that could make or break things. A little flaw in an artist’s stroke, a crooked hanging picture, a clink in the armor or a missing horse’s shoe–they all might seem insignificant details but in truth, they have the power to stop the magic from happening or turn a simple thing into something truly miraculous.
So of course when it comes to shaping a house, the authenticity is in the details. Let’s look at a list of things that should be given special attention when building a home:
Installing high-end modern light fixtures in the house is not enough to create a beautiful interior. It is important to make sure that the light is spread equally and thoughtfully throughout the house. Bad lighting is bad architecture; besides, it will destroy the whole interior of the house. Also remember to:
- Put automatic lights on the porch.
- Plan pre-wiring for speakers and internet outlets for future use.
- Install lights in the attic with switches in a more accessible location.
Remember the following details in your master bedroom:
- Consider installing a sunroof in the bedroom for a beautiful interior.
- Install lights switch next to the bed.
- Use a theme in your bedroom and extend it to your attached bath.
- Make sure to build enough storage space in the bathroom to keep all your stuff without appearing cramped.
- Install outlets in the bath too for using grooming equipment.
- Make sure to get the plumbing lines checked for leakage and any sort of problems that might appear later.
The kitchen is one of the most used rooms of the house. A kitchen must be built with functionality in mind. An architect must make sure of the following details:
- The color scheme of the kitchen must compliment the home and should not be outdated. New trends in kitchens are frequent and revolving, so make sure you don’t end up with an outdated one.
- Put a motion-sensor pantry light for convenience.
- Make sure there are places in the kitchen to hang aprons and towels.
The first impression is always a lasting one, so no matter how awesome the interior of the house is, the exterior will be the most impressionable part. Make sure to take care of the following:
- The exterior of the house should look simple and clean. For instance, the material choice should be thoughtful.
- The phrase “Too many cooks spoil the broth” fits perfectly with home designing. The less is always more. If going with a scheme, then carry it all over the house.
Make sure to pay attention to the details and your house will be the best one on the block, regardless of its size.